I’ve got a medical coming up on 29 June, which is just over 100 days away. I’m also 50 this week. So I’ve come up with some targets to achieve before my medical.
- Run 50 hours. That’s 30 minutes a day on average. There’s no pace or distance targets with that. The only way to get it done will be to run at lunch times. I’ve been lacking that.
- Join 50 veloview tiles together by running. Any tile I run from today onwards counts. But to make it a lot harder, it only counts as one if I’ve been to the tile above and below, and to the left and right. That’ll encourage me to explore new areas and to get off the treadmill. Again, distance and pace doesn’t come into it (especially, if I drive somewhere and then go for a run).
- Ride 100 hours. That’s tough and is designed to encourage me to ride to work and back. Now that the weather is getting better (well, some of the snow is melting) that should be do-able. Turbo is fine. This is not going to be easy by any stretch of the imagination. When combined with the running, that averages 10.5 hours per week. Way more than I’ve done for a long time.
- Do 50 push-ups. Wow! That’s a silly target but I’d hope with a bit of practice that I will get there. I did 30 at my last medical without too much practice.
- Lose 15 pounds (well, it sounds like fifty). That’s 6.8kg which gets me to 73.8kg. That’s roughly what I’ve been at all my medicals.
There’s not going to be any swimming in the target. But I do want to do some!